Sunday, November 6, 2011

Pepperoni Pizza Puffs


These were too yummy and too good not to post about and share. I pinned these on Pinterest and baked them tonight for dinner. These are photos I took of the ones I made and also my recipe (altered a little from the one I used).

  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
  • couple shakes of salt 
  • couple shakes of red pepper flakes 
  • 1 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 bag (8oz./2 cups) of Italian blend shredded cheese
  • 1 small bag (5oz) mini pepperoni
  • 1/2 cup store-bought pizza sauce
  • ranch dressing
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 18 cup muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes (if using) ; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the cheese and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.



2. Stir the batter and divide among the muffin cups (filling each 3/4 full). Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce or ranch for dipping. 



Mmmmm they smelled SO good baking in the oven. 

I served them with a salad for dinner. They would also be an awesome party appetizer. I will definitely be making these again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look so good! I love pinterest just for all the recipes alone! I've made so many good things lately.

Mickie and Matt said...

Mmmm! I'll have to try those out sometime! I make these AWESOME steak fries that I found on Kyla's board. I just it pinned to mine you should check those out. The trick is to let them cook the FULL time, they turn out JUST PERFECT!

Unknown said...

Those look so yummy!

I'd love to try to make those - we're always looking for something new and delicious to test!