Monday, July 19, 2010

Monday Movie Review

The Diary of Anne Frank
rated NR
I gave this movie *** and 1/2 stars
Teenager Anne Frank and her Jewish family hide from the Nazis during World War II. As time drags on, they deal with both the terrifying fear of their situation and normal family life. I read this classic book when I was a teenager, and I also visited the Frank's hideaway in Amsterdam Holland. I thought the acting on this film was good and it really captured the diary of this young Jewish girl. It's worth seeing, especially if you've never read the story.

The Crazies
rated R
Stephen probably gave this movie ** and 1/2 stars
When a plane crashes in a small town, a secret biological weapon is released. As the toxic substance infiltrates the local water system, some residents become gravely ill, while others descend into homicidal madness. Stephen watched this movie in the car while we were driving to Mississippi and Louisiana. He said it actually was better than he expected. I'm not a big Horror film fan so I didn't partake in watching this one.

No comments: