Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Weekly Menu Kitchen Printable


I love being able to make these posts. Tell me, how many of you out there actually feel accomplished once you've made a recipe, craft or idea you pinned on Pinterest? :) Ha ha. Well this project came from compiling a couple ideas and printables I pinned on Pinterest in my "For The Home" pinboard. Now that Stephen is home in the evenings and we are finally having dinner on a regular basis as a family, I wanted to get more organized with my weekly menu and what's for dinner. Usually I would just wing it with the kids, and honestly some nights it would be cereal or breakfast items for dinner. But I'd like us to have more well balanced dinners and I think planning ahead helps. 


So I put my Graphic Design degree to good use and recreated my own weekly menu for my kitchen. I found the royalty free kitchen tool silhouettes on Getty Images. And I got my cute free fonts from Fonts For Peas. I loved the "Be Grateful" and "Just roll with it" quotes I saw on some other printables so I added those to my menu design.


Another tip I got from an idea I pinned was to print the menu out and then frame it behind glass. Then you could write on the glass with a dry erase or wet erase marker. So clever! Wipe away each week to start new! And it helps that I work for a company where I could print my menu and have it framed. I love how it turned out!


So if you would like to use my printable I've loaded the high res jpeg onto my Photobucket album "Free Weekly Menu Printable". Feel free to grab and save it, resize it and print it. I made mine approx 7"x20" to fit my long skinny wall next to my pantry door.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it, Melissa!!!! Turned out so great.

Julia C. said...

Hi, I have an exisiting 8x20 frame and would love to print this but I am having the hardest time finding anyone who can print this size. Any recomendations?

Julia C. said...

Hi, I have tried numerous time to save the image to resize but when I click on the highlighted area it just takes me to SMALL size with the website address showing on the bottom. Is there a way you can resize this to a 20X30? I just want to use your lovely menu for my kitchen and not to sale. Thank you!

Spence Ohana said...

Julia C I am so sorry I have not responded sooner! I haven't had much time to check or update my blog. I can definitely try to resize my original file for you. Leave me your email and I'll send it to you.

Melissa