Monday, February 7, 2011

He's SO like his Daddy

So for years now Stephen and I have this ongoing debate about great women athletes vs. great men athletes. Stephen's very sure that there are probably some amazing female athletes out there that could whoop a lot of men's butts in different sports - but put that women up against an amazing male athlete and she'll never win. I always like to push his buttons and argue with him. I mean it's possible the woman could win, right? Anyways, James said something today that made me think of all this, and then I had one of those "ah ha" moments that he is so like his father.

So James almost always says when you're following him up the stairs, "can't get me!" and then he darts off at super speed up the stairs. Lately I thought, I might as well get more exercise in and sprint up the stairs after him. Of course I always let him win and then say, "James you're too fast, how are you so fast!?". Well today he answered me, "Because mama, your fast is not fast enough. And I'm a boy!". Seriously where did he get this opinion that boys are faster? I know I've never talked to him about boys vs. girls in speed and running. Maybe Stephen has behind my back - or maybe this boy is SO like his Daddy. :)

These are some of my most favorite photos of them two. I really need to take an updated one.



2 comments:

Mickie and Matt said...

Ah that James such a cutie! That is funny he thinks boys are faster. I used to challenge all the boys in my elementary school classes to races. I'll tell you what many a boy cried because they lost to a girl (me :) so they stopped accepting my offer and started picking me first in P.E.! Tell THAT to Stephen! Ha!

Kelly Jung said...

That is such a great story and those pictures are just so sweet.