Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Year (2010) in Status on Facebook

    If you know me well it's no mystery that you know I'm an avid Facebooker. I check my Facebook daily, and even may post a status update daily. Stephen on the other hand is a Facebook stalker, he has a Facebook page (that I set up for him - hey he had lots of old friends trying to contact him via my Facebook!), but he never posts a status update, (well actually I think he did once last year on his birthday), yet he hops on it almost daily to read and see updates. So I thought for my first blog post of 2011 I'd post some of my status updates from 2010. It was fun looking back and reading all of them from last year.
    Hope y'all had a wonderful New Year's celebration!
  • Remembering my Tante Pop today - a year ago today she passed away peacefully at home at the age of 101.
  • Vikings looking good baby! :)
  • Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent. - St. John on the cross.
  • Can't believe Jack didn't make it in time.
  • This California coastal breeze is cold! Guess I'm officially a Texan since I'm missing my warmer humidity. LOL
  • Letting my hubby take a nap on Mother's Day. :)
  • It's my best friend's wedding day!
  • Hup! Holland! Hup! Thinking of the Dutch today. Ate my favorite Dutch breakfast, Boterham met hagelslag!
  • Heading to the French Quarter, taking the kids on the St. Charles street car and then maybe on a carriage ride.
  • Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing," Mother Teresa. Trying to teach Jimmy-James, our frowny Chloe boy (those that watch 24 will understand) this one. :)
  • Heading over to my Oom and Tante's new lakehouse - the kids are excited to swim! And my other Tante from Holland just gave me stroopwafels...I love her. :)
  • Twas the night before school...her lunch is packed with a special card hidden inside, clothes set out, bath done, she's in bed, and camera is ready..
  • Cousins get to watch Madeline cheer - Go Invaders!
  • Can anyone else relate to this quote? :) "Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee." David Frost
  • Going to make some Egg Nog Chai, relax on my new sofa and watch some Law & Order.
  • Hubby keeps putting up more and MORE lights outside the house.
  • Mmmmmm our house smells like the brownies that Madeline made in her Easy Bake Oven.

No comments: