Saturday, September 19, 2009

Who doesn't like color?


So my hibiscus potted tree did not survive this hot Texas summer. I bought it over 2 years ago from Costco and it's produced many beautiful blooms over the past few years. When we moved in August my mom and Tante Patty tried to nurse it back to health, but I'm pretty sure it's dead. So now that the weather has cooled down some, I wanted to add some color to my flower bed out front. KB Home put in 5 green shrubs, but I'd like to have some color there. But I also want a plant that will produce flowers year round and that I won't need to replace/replant every season. So while my parents were out here last week they took notice to flowers around town that survived the summer here or were native to this area. So James and I went to Lowe's yesterday and picked up these 2 different perennial flowering plants. The first pictured above is a beautiful tropical plant the Ixora Maui Red. Keeping my fingers crossed I can help it to survive.
It's so pretty!

The 2nd ones I got were these Lantana's. My parents noticed them in many places. Lowe's had them in the gold color as well as the multi-colored. So I got both. I put my Ixora in a large pot, and planted the Lantana's in my flower bed. We'll see how they do!




Yesterday afternoon Madeline had her best friend Mia over to play and for dinner. I know Madeline is sad to no longer live next door to Mia and misses her. They also both attend different schools. They had a fun afternoon coloring and jumping on the trampoline.

No comments: