Saturday, June 21, 2008

Summer Solstice Birthdays!

Happy Summer Solstice everyone! We have 2 birthday celebrations in our family on June 21st and they are for 2 wonderfully, beautiful women...my mom and our Tante Hanna!


My mom is an amazing mother, wife, sister, daughter, friend, neighbor. I truly look up to her with the utmost admiration. She has taught me so much as to what it means to be a great mother and wife. She is so gentle in her ways. And so patient. Growing up, as most kids do, I always felt comforted by my mom's presence. She was always there for my brothers and I. It's funny because that feeling still remains now that I'm 30, married and a mother myself! I remember while in labor with Madeline - it was long and grueling, I was scared and tired...but anytime my mom came to see me in the hospital room I felt comforted. It was the same feeling when she was present at James' birth. When you're in pain, somehow mom always knows how to make you feel better, right? Anyhow I just felt like blogging those thoughts and memories about my mom today on her birthday. Thank you mom for all that you do for Stephen, the kids and I. We love and miss you so much. Happy birthday and we can't wait to see you next week to celebrate!!!


Our Tante Hanna who lives in Holland also celebrates her birthday today!!! This photo is of her and my oldest brother, it was taken at her daughter, Rachel's wedding. That was back in August 2003 and the last time we visited there in Holland. Tante Hanna is such a caring and thoughtful aunt. Every year she never misses a beat mailing her birthday cards to Stephen, the kids and I - all hand made by her with such detail! We love getting them! We hope to visit Tante Hanna and Rachel's family in the near future...we miss them all tremendously! So Tante Hanna, van harte gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!

1 comment:

steve said...

Hallmark couldn't have said it better. I agree wi th you though about your mother. She is a kind gentle person.