So I spent all day working on this DIY project. I pinned it on Pinterest last week, and was determined to get it done on my day off. Ever since we upgraded to a king size bed when we moved to Texas 5 years ago, Stephen has missed the look of having a headboard like we had with our queen sleigh bed (which Madeline has now). But a new bed frame was low on our priority list until I saw this inexpensive idea! Time to get started...
Basically you need four 1x6 boards, something to sand them with, some wood stain and 3M tape that holds up to 20lbs. I spent $4 more and got 1x6 boards that snapped into one another. They also had a groove down the center. It didn't take me too long to stain them.
Once they were dry I measured the wall. Found the center and height I needed and stuck them on!
I'm happy with how it turned out. We've also been using low barstools as temporary nightstands. So I also bought some extra wood to make shelves for under the window. Stained them to match the headboard. Yay, I finished it!
I can't remember if I dedicated a post to our other room makeover from last month. We converted our formal dining room into a den with a sitting area and place for our heirloom sewing desk. With some new paint on the walls and some new furniture including a sleeper loveseat and accent chair, it really all tied together. We love how it turned out and get more use out of this space now.