Monday, October 8, 2012

What makes you so beautiful...

"What makes you so beautiful, is you don't know how beautiful you are, to me. You're not trying to be perfect, Nobody's perfect, but you are, to me..." I've got these lyrics stuck in my head! Been listening to this Jepsen/Bieber duet on my iPod a lot - my new favorite song! :) I think of Stephen, Madeline & James when I sing the chorus. Any how, the latest with us.... well the kids had picture day for Soccer this past Saturday. Here James is lining up with his team getting ready to see the photographer.

Our cute soccer players. :)

Since I was talking about my favorite song of the moment, thought I'd share one of our family's favorite dinner. Almost weekly I make fried rice with spicy General Tso's chicken. For a side dish I'll sometimes make potstickers too. But I finally found the Edamame at our HEB grocer! It was only $1.28 for a huge frozen bag. Just had to zap it in the microwave bag to steam them, sprinkle a little sea salt.....Mmmmmmmmmm. This will now always accompany our favorite dinner meal. 
Kids love it too.

Well I've completed my first week (30 hours 4 days) at my new job - and I have to say, I love it! I am so thankful to have landed this new gig. It is a refreshing new start, just what I needed. It's super fun to meet and help all the new home buyers with their design selections. This is my desk (above) and I am already starting to feel comfortable with my job tasks thanks to my awesome boss and coworkers. Hope everyone has a wonderful week!


1 comment:

Mickie and Matt said...

EDEMAME!!!! TWO THUMBS UP! Whenever I make Sweet and Sour Chicken I like to have that as a side. Mmm now I wants some:) Awesome new job too! Glad you found something that you like and your co-workers are great.

Oh and James and Madeline look fantastic in their soccer uniforms :) Fun being a soccer mom eh?

P.S. On the pumpkin launch thing I only used my arms because I was a bit nervous about launching me and Emma too :) That's why it didn't go far enough.