Sunday, July 29, 2012

Dear Friend's Wedding

 Yesterday our friends got married in the Church and we were honored to be a part of their celebration. We've known Melisa (she spells her name with one "s" and mine is with two) and Victor for 2 years now. Our daughters met in cheer-leading and have become best of friends. It's funny how things change as you get older. When you are a kid you make friends with your neighbors and schoolmates, after school you make friends with people you meet at work, and after you have kids you meet friends through the friends they make. :) Melisa and Victor asked us to stand in with them and be their witnesses as they received the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony. Their family entered the Catholic Church this past Easter receiving the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and First Communion. We were happy to see them make this step and receive this grace giving Sacrament.


Ashleigh was so happy to see her parents get married. She sat and stood next to me during the ceremony and one time she said to me, "I can tell my mom and dad are crying." :)

Victor and Melisa wed at the Catholic parish in Kyle, St. Anthony. We are parishoners at Santa Cruz in Buda, the two are about 10 miles a part. Sometime we do attend Mass at St. Anthony's as well, it's a beautiful parish. So we were happy to meet and get to know their priest and deacon.

 Madeline took this photo. :)

The kids did great at the ceremony when Stephen and I had to stand up by the alter or do the readings. But of course the silliness started as soon as the ceremony was done.

My handsome hubby and beautiful daughter.

 Congrats Mr. & Mrs. Medina!

 The kids looked so cute, I love seeing them dressed up!

After their ceremony was a reception at their home. Many family pitched in to help make it so special and I loved all the details. We had a great evening getting to know their extended family. Lots of laughter and yummy food!

2 comments:

Christina said...

How beautiful! Congratulations to your friends.

My best friend got married last August and wore that dress. :D So beautiful!

Justine and Fernando said...

So did this couple decided to get married in the Church because they didn't in the first place? That is really something special! I'm so curious about their story. I also have a friend who married in the Church after 10 yrs because they did it in Vegas the first time. Oh and such a tender moment, "I can tell my mom and dad are crying"...she won't forget that.