Monday, June 18, 2012

This Weekend

Of course this weekend we celebrated my hubby for the awesome, nutty and sweet daddy he is. He said he spent the day doing exactly what he wanted...something with his family. We made him his favorite breakfast (biscuits & gravy), went to Mass where the priest gave all the fathers a special blessing, took him to lunch to Buffalo Wild Wings so he could get his favorite mango habanero wings and we watched the Dutch loose in the EuroCup, we went swimming at our neighborhood pool, made him salsa and then stayed in for the evening to watch a movie. Love him so much, he's such a great dad.

On Friday my company put on a family night at the ballpark and we got to go see the minor league Express team play. They rented out a special patio area of the ballpark and catered it with unlimited beer, soda, chips, burgers, hot dogs and cookies.

It was a fun evening. Great some of my coworkers could meet my Ohana.

And the night ended with a bang with a super fantastic firework show after the ball game. The kids were impressed. Can't wait for them to see fireworks in South Padre Island...

Oh ya did I mention we planned our summer vacation? Next month we're heading down south to (from what I hear) the beautiful South Padre Island beaches! We reserved a suite for 2 nights and just can't wait to go and unwind as a family.

I can't forget to mention my beautiful sister in-law, Armilyn. This weekend my brother's wife accomplished her goal, went back to college and earned her Bachelors degree from the Art Institute. We are so proud of her! We only wish we could have been there this weekend to see her receive her diploma and celebrate.

Wanted to send her something special for such a great accomplishment. Checked out her Pinterest (it really is a great place to go to get gift ideas for someone) and saw that she pinned some Toirtoise shell and perfume bottles on one of her boards on things she likes. I remembered seeing these beautiful perfume spray bottles at Hobby Lobby (love that store), so I was able to pick her up this one. Sent it in this fabric basket I found along with some Stroopwafels (Dutch cookies). She got the gifts this weekend, hope she liked them.

No comments: