Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Long Time Friend

This weekend when we went to Houston we got to visit with another one of my childhood neighbor friends. I haven't seen Erica since her wedding 2 summers ago, or met her little boy Everett. So we planned to come by for a visit. She graciously had a wonderful dinner for us, her hubby made some yummy margaritas.

While we were waiting for her parents to arrive Erica broke out the bubbles and the kids had fun playing with them outside in front of their home. It's crazy to see this photo of our kids and look at the one above where Erica and I were kids.

Erica's parents, Lee and Barbara brought a cake for me so we could have a belated celebration. It was so sweet of them. And of course we all enjoyed the cake and ice cream.

After dinner we took an evening stroll in their beautiful neighborhood and Erica brought bread for the kids to feed the ducks. They had a ball doing that! Madeline even got the ducks to follow her all the way up the grass from the lake!

Everett is so adorable! I got lots of smiles and giggles out of him.

I'm so thankful to have stayed in touch with my special friend.  We had a great evening, and it was great both our parents could be there too! Look forward to seeing the Dunlap family again soon!

No comments: