Monday, December 12, 2011

Weekend Recap

Wanted to post some pics from over the weekend. But first here is one of the kids with "Saint Nicholas" (4th century Bishop of Myra) at Church tonight. He came to visit the CCD students at our parish to bring them gifts. I had someone take a group shot of my class but it came out blurry :(
I did make these Christmas goodie bags for my students.I put special prayer pocket cards in them, "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you". On the back is the Act of Contrition 
(perfect since they will be making their First Reconciliation in January.)

My God,
I am sorry for my sins with all my heart.
In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good,
I have sinned against you
whom I should love above all things.
I firmly intend, with your help,
to do penance, to sin no more,
and to avoid whatever leads me to sin.
Our Saviour Jesus Christ suffered and died for us.
In His Name, my God, have mercy.

Amen. 

On Saturday night we took the kids to a "Night in Bethlehem"...a light and character display in our town put on by a local church. They guide you through scenes from Christ's birth. It was really neat. At the end they gave out hot cocoa and cookies and had a candle making station, something to remember Jesus is the 
"light of the world".


Madeline is holding the candle that her, James and I made.

One of the scenes they take us through is all the animals the Shepherds took care of. James loved this "petting zoo" part. They had donkeys, a baby calf, young horses, some goats and maybe sheep. James was hoping to see a camel! (One of the 3 kings in our nativity scene at home sits on a camel). You could pet and touch all the animals.

And James made sure to feed everyone of them some hay. :)

You could tell many kids, teens and young adults from this church played many of the parts in the different scenes. It was really neat.

Over the weekend we had some house guests. Including these 2 cuties, our neighbor's dachshunds Molly & Bruiser. The kids were elated they could pick them up and hold them, they can't do that with our 50lb. Boxer/Basset Hound.

Madeline also had her friend Mia sleepover. So the doggies got a lot of attention. :)

1 comment:

Mickie and Matt said...

Saint Nicholas? COOL! He came to CCD huh. Too bad the picture came out blurry of your students.

That is great of you to make little goodie bags for all your students. I should do it for the Girls I teach at church too. Chalk up another thing for me to do.

That Night in Bethlehem looks fantastic! I bet Ty would have loved it too. He is about the hands on and lights.

Looks like a good holiday weekend!