Sunday, September 11, 2011

Weekend Baby Shower

Our neighbor friend, Kate, has been such a blessing to our family. She's watched James many days this year when Stephen needed to work an earlier shift and I was still at work in the morning. Kate and her husband are expecting their 4th child this mid October so I wanted to do something special for her and throw her a baby shower.

My friend Kelly posted about attending a baby shower and getting these candle party favors to light when the mom-to-be goes in labor, to think good thoughts and prayers. I loved the idea. So I bought some small candles and put them in these little white bags. I thought they turned out cute.

I was going to slave in the kitchen and make some cake ball pops but then I thought it would be easier to just get some cupcakes from Sam's Club.

Here is Kate opening her gifts.

Her baby shower theme was Diaper Bonanza and Pampering Mom. I got her some diapers and wipes but also sewed her some burp cloths.

I tried a whole bunch of new recipes for the shower and I think they all tasted pretty yummy. I made these chocolate pretzels, cucumber cream cheese sandwiches, artichoke stuffed mushrooms, strawberry spinach salad, and a yummy punch - click on each of them to get the recipes.

Oh and after the shower Stephen came home from work (working a 12 hour shift, 4:30am -4:30pm) and brought home this Italian Fiat so I could test drive it. I'm always telling him I want to test drive a mini Cooper or a Honda Fit, something small and compact. It was fun and sporty looking inside.

5 comments:

andria said...

Love those burp cloths! And I must try the cucumber sandwiches...yum!

Mickie and Matt said...

What a friend you are, that shower looked like so much fun and those recipes sound delightful! I like that candle idea too... really cute. I'll have to remember that.

So how was the test drive?

Kristin said...

The shower looked like a great success! It look like it was tons of fun and so cute.

Unknown said...

I love the candle idea! I have a feeling I'll be needing throwing my sister-in-law a shower very soon and I would love to include it!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful shower! Great job on the candles. Those turned out really cute.
Love that car too. I'm dying to drive a mini cooper!