Monday, August 30, 2010

Take a deep breath


This morning I'm dealing with a bout of frustration with illogical and unreasonable "claimers" (claim to know it all, claim to know what others believe/profess). But then I took a deep breath, prayed and then recalled the poem our priest recited at Mass yesterday. I learned a lot from it, and got an "ah-ha moment" with the last line from it. So I must share...

ANYWAY

People are unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered.
Love them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and true enemies.
Succeed anyway.

The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Be good anyway.

Honesty and frankness will make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.

People need help but will attack you if you help them.
Help them anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God.
It was never between you and them anyway.

2 comments:

Mickie and Matt said...

Oh, Sorry for the frustrating morning, I have heard that poem too. It's a good one to remember!

Hope little James is feeling better soon!

Justine and Fernando said...

We have this posted on our fridge. I LOVE IT!bIt reminds me how to put up with people. I know Mother Teresa takes credit for it, but I think there's another originating source.