Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday...Foto...Faith


Sunset at Port Aransas beach on the coast of Texas.
I've seen some beautiful beaches in my travels. And after we moved to Texas, I surely did not think we would find any here in this state. I was pleasantly surprised the summer of 09 when we took a trip down to Port Aransas and I marveled at what a beautiful beach we have here in this state. The water was pleasant like that of a tropical island beach and the sand was soft like from a dune.

It constantly amazes me that men and women wander the earth marveling at the highest mountains, the deepest ocean, the whitest sands, the most exotic islands, the most intriguing birds of the air and fish of the sea – and all the time never stop to marvel at themselves and realize their infinite potential as human beings. Matthew Kelly, The Rhythm of Life
I'm guilty of this quote. I've marveled at so many places in this world, amazed by God's handy work - when I've been reluctant to see the amazing work He's created in me. He's given me potential to love, and faith working in love is something to marvel at.

The cross reminds us that there is no true love without suffering, there is no gift of life without pain. Pope Benedict XVI
Maybe I am reluctant to marvel at myself because my life has included suffering and pain. But like B16's quote states, it's the evidence of true love.

God is Love. We eventually have to ask ourselves the question; why was Love nailed to a cross? Pope John Paul II
I can now understand the answer to that question...because it was true love. So work out your faith in love and you will be amazed and marvel.

No comments: