Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday...Foto...Faith


Nadi, Viti Levu Island, Fiji. I will always remember taking this long drive from the airport to our secluded beach front bure on Natadola Beach Road. Stephen and I were newlyweds on our honeymoon and we thought we were in the movie Romancing the Stone when we changed from our taxi bus to a rinky dink station wagon, to make the rest of our drive down a steep, dirt road to our secluded resort. I remember looking at my new husband with a little bit of fear thinking, "where are these people taking us!". We of course look back and laugh about it now.

"Faith comes to intelligence as a light that overflows it with joy and inspires it with a certitude that does away with question." Etienne Gilson

As I mentioned in the story above I experienced some fear for a moment...but my faith quickly took over, I had faith in God that no matter what happened to us (like that rinky dink car going off the cliff) we would be protected by Him. And I had faith in my husband that he would do everything in his power to assure my safety. After we arrived to our beautiful, hidden resort we had the best honeymoon ever.

So how do you define Faith?

Peace is not just the absence of war. Like a cathedral, peace must be constructed patiently and with unshakable faith. Pope John Paul II

I love this quote from JPII because for me it is was defines Faith...peace. My faith in God (and in my husband) brings about peace in my life. Faith also brings about a patience to my life. I can be patient because I know God is in control: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: