Thursday, March 18, 2010

Small Successes Thursday

FaithButton
It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that. To participate, just write up a list of 3 of your recent Small Successes and post it on your blog.

Despite suffereing a bad sinus infection, staying home from work sick, and starting on antibiotics - I still managed to recognize a few small successes I accomplished this week...


1. I ordered my best friend's blank bridal shower invitation cards from www.invitationbox.com and they arrived today and are oh-so-cute! I also managed to organize all the addresses on labels, came up with the invitation wording for her honeymoon theme shower (I like to use www.verseit.com) , and bought stamps! Now all I have to do is print and mail them!


2. I was able to help out my childhood friend by creating her wedding invitations. 8 years ago when I designed and made my own wedding invitations (photo above) I remember my friend's mom coming up to me at the wedding expressing how much she loved my invites and that when the time came if I could help design her daughter's. Well I got news of their engagement a few weeks ago and her wedding is set for this June! She contacted me about getting the digital files to my old invites - but my mom couldn't find them on her old computer. So I recreated it using the flower theme she'll have at her wedding and using the same font I used. She loved them and was very happy about them.


3. The baby boy twins, Eric and Grant, that live across the street from us are already 6 weeks old and I have yet to sew their baby blankets! I bought the fabric for the 2 blankets several weeks ago but just haven't set aside time to sew them. I made a goal today to finish them tomorrow or Saturday. Setting goals are small successes, right?

1 comment:

Molly said...

Hi!
Although this doesn't apply to your post per se, I just wanted to invite you to "Kids say the darndest things Friday" blog hop at:
http://mysticalrosedesign.blogspot.com/2010/03/post-signature_19.html
We’d love to have you join the fun and share your stories. I’m sure that you have some real gems!
In Christ,
Molly