Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekend Fun


Note to self...don't list items on Craigslist Friday night if you plan on sleeping in Saturday morning. So on Friday we decided our extended back patio was too cluttered. Stephen gave the okay to sell the weightlifting squat rack he inherited from my dad and has had for years. He rarely used it, and I thought it was bit of an eye sore in our backyard. So I listed it on Craigslist. We also asked Madeline if we could sell her playhouse which she has outgrown. We told her she could use the money towards something else fun for the backyard. She agreed, so I listed that too. Well by Saturday morning we received about 20 emails from interested buyers, some with cash in hand, no haggling, wanted to pick up the item asap. So by Sunday morning - a nice open and clear back patio. I love Craigslist!


We had a really beautiful Sunday, the sun was shining - it felt like Spring! Our friend Jimmena offered to watch the kids so Stephen and I could go on a lunch date, it was so sweet of her. We decided to go to the Alamo Drafthouse and see Avatar! We enjoyed our time together and the movie was awesome! Definitely worth seeing. When we got home we had made plans to get together with Uncle Steve for his upcoming birthday. A few days ago we learned that Uncle Steve's youngest, Braden, had come to live with him for awhile. So it was great to see Braden. We took them out to dinner to Trudy's. Stephen loves this Mexican restaurant but we had the worst service we've ever had there. Not sure if our server was new or what. Either way the food was still yummy and we had fun. As you can see Madeline was very keen of Braden, she liked sitting next to him. Stephen has told Braden he's our new babysitter, of course when he's not working - he got a job at Olive Garden, yum!

2 comments:

Justine and Fernando said...

I sold a bunch of my wedding stuff on Craigslist at the same price I bought them. Craigslist rawks!

Mickie and Matt said...

I've never done anything on craigslist... i'll have to remember that next time I have something I want to get rid of or something I need to buy.

Oh yes Braden is a tried and tested babysitter. He watched Ty when he was only a few months old! He fed him changed his put him down for a nap and everything. :) Glad you still enjoyed your meal even though the service wasnt so great. Sometimes when the company is good you forget about how bad the service is...