Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Powder Bathroom - "After"


This weekend I posted a "Before" photo of our downstairs powder bathroom (shown below) because I started painting it this weekend. Well I finally finished tonight! What do you think?

"Before"

I selected the wall color by matching the bluish hue in the white flower petals of the painting by my late Oma. Then I accented with browns (towels, floor mat, decor) which also picked up in the black/brown background of the painting.

Was able to put in the new light fixture myself - still need to install the hand towel ring on the wall.

So our new home came standard with these Hollywood light fixtures in our 3 bathrooms. Pamela and Whitney bought us 2 beautiful replacement light fixtures that my dad installed in the 2 upstairs bathrooms. So I wanted to get a smaller version to match those and put in our downstairs bathroom. I was a little nervous not having my dad here to install it - so I called him and he talked me through disconnecting the electrical wires.

I did it! I was able to install the new light fixture myself! :) I really like how the powder bathroom turned out.

2 comments:

steve-o said...

Looks good babe. Good job!

EC Gefroh said...

Melissa, it looks beautiful! I love what you did.