Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I said a hip, hop, the hippie...


Madeline in the black top and turquoise shorts


...the hippie dibby hip hop hop and you don't stop to rock it to the bang bang boogie say up jump the boogie, to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat! Come on, y'all have to remember the song, "Rapper's Delight"!? It's best rendition is the old lady on the movie, "The Wedding Singer"... (click here to watch a short video)



Well this summer Madeline is taking a Hip Hop dance class for 3-5 year olds. I figured, it's summer and she doesn't need the structured Ballet and Tap that she was getting year round - she can let loose. So for summer classes there's no school uniform...for the hip hop class it's just casual comfortable clothes and tennis shoes. Madeline didn't have any tennis shoes so we bought some last week. I'm not one to spend a lot on my kids shoes, they just grow out of them way to fast and there's no way they will be wearing more expensive shoes than me. So we hit up Payless. My price range was around $10 but most were $15-20. So I'm still browsing and spot a big yellow clearance tag $7! And in Madeline's size! Perfect, only they were black boys tennis shoes. Stephen says, "Lets get them!" Madeline takes one look and says, "I don't like them, they're boy shoes!" Stephen says, "Madeline they are very hip-hoppish!" and he whispers to me, "Besides when she grows out of them they can be hand me downs for James." We bought the $7 shoes. And I convinced Madeline to wear them today at her first class, explaining "they're black just like your tap shoes and they also match your black leotard." After class was done and seeing her teacher Miss Naomi was wearing black shoes, "Mommy I like my hip hop shoes." :-)

So the above photo was all I got. James and I watched the first 20 minutes. It's a cute class. Miss Naomi says, "the first thing we need to learn about hip hop dancing is finding the beat." So they do this warm up where the clap their hands to the beat, then bop their head to the beat, then pop their shoulders to the beat, then shake the hips to the beat, then tap their foot to the beat. Madeline was really enjoying it!

5 minutes before class ended James decided he needed to do a BM while waiting in the lobby. I saw it coming from a mile away when he stood there still and concentrating. Well I got my wipes and clean diaper ready to change him when he starts walking over towards me, and I kid you not all this dark brown liquid (sorry for the visual) comes leaking out of his shorts! Ack!!!! I run over to stop him in his tracks so it doesn't get all over the lobby floor. I clean that up using the wipes and carry him to the restroom. It's seeping everywhere, down his legs, up his back, it was disgusting! Needless to say we left the dance school with James naked, only wearing a clean diaper! LOL

3 comments:

Windy said...

How cute Maddy looks! I hope James isn't sick! Hopefully it's just teething.

steve said...

I got the visual. It brought back old memories. Maddy looked like she was having fun.

Mickie and Matt said...

Ahhh the joys ( i mean terrifying expiriences) of motherhood...The hip hop class sounds fun!