Stephen and I have been together since 1995, and tomorrow we will celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary! A lot has happened in our lives these past 6 years...we had 2 kids, moved to 2 different states, changed jobs...it's been an adventure!
The weird thing is, we both feel more in love with one another than we felt all those years ago! Maybe that's not weird. When one thinks of falling in love, it's those butterflies in your stomach, the excitement of seeing one another for the next time, the feeling of not being able to live without this person in your life - who would've thought that "honeymoon phase" as I call it would last so many years!!!
My darling Stephen took the kids to the store and with Madeline's help picked up these beautiful roses, balloon and yummy box of chocolates!
Thanks to our wonderful friends and neighbors, we were able to leave our kids with them and go out to dinner at the new Chuy's restaurant in South Austin. Man that place was a mad house! We got there early around 5pm and it was an hour wait! So we grabbed some seats at the bar and ate a yummy dinner - Stephen had fajitas and I had a combo plate with a taco & enchilada. They had really yummy Mango Margaritas that even Stephen liked, and he's not into fruity drinks. Oh and an awesome chips and salsa bar with really good queso!
At Chuy's Mexican Restaurant celebrating our 6th Anniversary!
Top 5 Reasons I Love My Husband
- #5 Even though I've heard the same ole jokes for 13 years, this man still makes me laugh - as well as all those around him!
- #4 He gives the best Back Rubs, you know the kind that make you fall asleep. And the sweet thing about him is he'll keep rubbing even though he knows I already fell asleep.
- #3 Though he much rather watch ESPN highlights or catch a Red Sox game on TV (which I enjoy to watch too) he's so considerate to put on a girly show or flick like "27 Dresses" and watch it with me cause he knows I enjoy those too.
- #2 He is so dedicated to providing for the kids and I. He has tremendous Faith in God that He will guide him in his role as a husband, father and provider. He works so hard for so many long hours. That even sometimes when he gets off a night shift at 3am, he's still not too tired to kiss the kids and I when he gets home and says goodnight.
- #1 Though our appearances may have changed since we met at 17 years of age, and we've grown older (hey the 30's are the new 20's right?) and even sport a gray hair or two - he's still the most handsome man in the world to me! Still makes my heart skip a beat!