About your Kids
4 and 1.5
Madeline Elise and James Edward
12/23/03 and 9/30/06
4. Time/times of birth?
12:56pm (4 minutes shy of Christmas Eve) and 5:39pm
5. How long did labor last?
31 long hours with Madeline, sigh. Half the time with James, about 15 hours.
6. Who was in the room when baby was born?
With Madeline just Stephen, with James it was Stephen and my mom.
7. How long did you push?
2.5 long hours with Madeline, only about 10 minutes (3 pushes) with James.
9. Weight and how long?
Madeline was 8lbs. 10oz. and 21 ¼” and James was 8lbs. 5oz. and 20”
10. Any hair?
Yup! And in the pic below with Madeline getting her hair combed, I still use that comb to this day to make parts in her hair for piggy tails!
11. Who does baby look like?
They both are a good mix inheriting my dark features (skin tone, eye color) and Stephen’s facial features.
12. Be honest...how much weight did you gain while pregnant?
Ugh like 50lbs. with Madeline and about 35lbs. with James.
Pregnant with Madeline in Holland.
Pregnant with James
13. Was baby early or late?
Madeline was 5 days late. And James was 1 week early!
14. Was your labor natural or did you have an epidural?
Natural for as long as I could take! Got my epi with Madeline 20 hours into it, and about 11 hours into it with James.
15. How many baby showers did you have?
2! One for a girl and one for a boy!
Lots of pink!
16. When did baby start sleeping through the night?
Never! LOL Madeline was about 15 months and James about 13 months.
17. Did you breastfeed?
Yup for 1 year with both of them.
18. Who keeps your baby the most?
19. When do you wanna have another?
Undecided, we’re pretty content with our 2. If we do have a 3rd it probably won’t be for at least another 3 years.
20. How did you pick the name?
Stephen liked the name Madison from the movie, “Splash”.
But it was becoming too popular, so he then took a liking to Madeline. I picked her middle name. We both like the name James since highschool. James’ middle name is after his Opa.
21. How did you know when it was time to go to hospital?
Since I was induced with Madeline, the hospital called when they had a bed for me. With James my water broke in the middle of the night at home.
22. Did you go home or somewhere else when you left the hospital?
23. Anyone spend the night with you first night home?
Both moms were visiting and helping out.
25. Where was the baby born?
Madeline in Fountain Valley, CA and James in Medford, OR
26. Did you video tape the birth?
Nope only before and after delivery.