Monday, February 4, 2008

Baby Back Ribs Recipe

Boo hoo, the Patriots lost! It was a pretty cool game. Amazing catch by the Giants there at the end.


(Photo of my ribs from last night after I cooked and cut them)
I received a few emails asking about the ribs recipe, so here it is...

From Costco's 2005 Holiday Recipe Book
Cattleman's Classic Baby Back Ribs

3-4 pounds pork baby back ribs (2-3 racks)
1 cup Cattleman's BBQ sauce (this is sold at Costco but you can sub with your favorite BBQ sauce, I usually use a honey BBQ flavor)

RUB
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup paprika

1. The night before cooking the ribs, prepare and apply the rub. Simply mix all the rub ingredients together. Rub mixture all over the ribs, then wrap them in heavy plastic wrap and refrigerate overnite.
2. Grill ribs over indirect heat on a cover grill or bake in oven (I stick mine in the oven, less mess) for 90 minutes at 350 degrees.
3. Baste with BBQ sauce and cook 30 minutes longer, or until meat is very tender. Makes 4 servings.

We ended up going next door to the Wrights to watch the game. I think everyone enjoyed our ribs. We had a fun time watching the game and during half time Ben played some songs on his guitar for us (shucks I forgot to take a photo).


Just wanted to include this funny photo of James. Usually when I can't find him in the house, I can usually find him in our guest bedroom sitting on my computer chair watching the screensaver on the monitor!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thx for the ribs recipe.
can't wait to try it out
Windy