Friday, January 11, 2008

Tante Marge

A very close Dutch family friend just passed away yesterday. Greet Caffin. She was the cousin of Tane Eef (my mom's cousin) on her Dad's side. So though she was not blood related, she was still family. We had the honor of living near her while we were in Oregon for 22 months. She was so thrilled when we moved there, I remember she spent several hours trying to find our new home (our street was not mapped yet) the day after we got there, we only lived about 20 minutes North from her. She gave us such a warm welcoming. And every time my parents came to visit, we'd let her know and get together with her. Greet was there at our house for Madeline's 2nd birthday, helping the kids put together a ginger bread house. She was able to visit with my Oma when she came to visit and I remember she ate my home made chips and salsa on our front porch and loved it! We attended her 80th birthday party in August 06, I was 8 months pregnant with James. She made sure that Madeline and her other great-nephews had a place to play, toys to play with and books to color. In October of 06 she came to our home to get a glimpse of our new baby, James. Of course anytime she came over, she always came bearing gifts for the kids - delighted to put smiles on their faces. Greet was such a sweet and thoughtful woman. I was so sad to hear of her passing when my mom called me tonight. May she be resting now in peace with our Lord. We'll miss you Tante Marge!

"Blessed are you who mourn, for you will be comforted." Matthew 5:4

"You are blessed God, even the Father of my Lord Jesus Christ, Father of mercies and the God of all comfort, who comforts me in all my tribulation, that I may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, by the comfort with which I myself am comforted by You." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4


Greet (in yellow) on her 80th birthday.

Celebrating with Tante Marge on her 80th.

Greet meeting James for the first time.

Bringing a surprise for Madeline!

The toy dog Madeline LOVED playing with at Tante Marge's house!

Always having a fun time with the kids!

No comments: