Saturday, June 2, 2012

Summer has begun

Madeline's last day of school was on Thursday. One of the girls she made friends with in Kindergarten invited her to her home for a girls tea party to celebrate the last day of school. So I dropped Madeline off there for a couple of hours. They dressed up in feathers, tiaras and jewelry. The mother and grandmother served the girls and then they worked on some arts and crafts and were sent home with a goodie bag that included a biscotti. So cute! James was a bit jealous his sissy got to go to a "party" so I told him not to worry, that we would have our own fun at home making cookies. He liked that idea. He loved rolling out the dough and cutting out the cookie shapes. Aren't these cute, my mom got me these cookie cutter shapes. They turned out yummy and he shared them with the neighbor kids.

Oh and for Madeline's teacher gift we picked out a purple tumbler cup (her favorite color) and inside put a Starbuck's gift card, individual lemonade packets and candy. On Pinterest I saw the idea and to write on the card: "Thank you for quenching my thirst for knowledge!". She truly was a wonderful teacher!

Yesterday was National Doughnut Day. So I remembered that I had some coupons for free doughnuts at Krispy Kreme. Well turns out we got to save our coupons for another visit because they were giving away a free doughnut to each guest! 

I tried their lemon creme filled, Madeline had chocolate sprinkles and James had chocolate. :)

We enjoyed our sugary snack. :)


No comments: