Friday, February 10, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday (volume 11): Pick it up up up


- 1 -
I haven't done a quick takes Friday post in over 50 posts, it's difficult for me to commit to these weekly posts. But since this was a busy week for our Ohana and I didn't post anything all week I thought it would be a good idea to do a quick takes. 

- 2 -
So this was our first week with our new schedules. Stephen has a 3:30am wake up call. I have a 6:30am one. And the kids have a 6:45am one. I was a little worried how it would go. Stephen said a few days it was rough and his body is still getting used to it. The kids have been awesome getting up. Madeline is still her sleepy-I-want-5-more-minutes-to-sleep self but as soon as she see's her brother jump out of bed it's a race to get to the bathroom (they're competitive like that). They get washed up and dressed. And then have about 20 minutes to watch cartoons and eat some breakfast. We've been out the door on time every day. So that's good.

- 3 -

James is enjoying his mornings over at Ms. Kate's. She does school time with him and Aaron. And they've gotten into a routine. One day this week they went to a craft day Mom's group meeting and made these Abe Lincoln hats. :) It's a blessing knowing that he's safe and being taken care of while we are at work.

- 4 -
Madeline is participating in the American Heart Association, Jump Rope For Heart fundraiser again at school this year. Last year she raised the most donations in her class and she's hoping to do the same this year. Her goal is $100 and she's raised $70. She has to turn in her donations on Monday, so if you're in the giving mood for a good cause...hop on over to Madeline's donation webpage and donate today!

- 5 -
My best friend arrives in 6 days, her first visit to Texas. I can hardly wait! Both Stephen and I took some days off for while she is here. Still don't have each day planned out, but I know whatever we do it will just be fun to spend time with her. She will get to see Madeline and her school, the day she arrives the 2nd grade classes are putting on a program that evening and showing us the folk dancing they've learned. Aunty Robyn can't wait to see her perform!

- 6 -

Madeline's First Holy Communion is now 3 months away! So I've been adding more pins to her pinboard with dress, invitation and party ideas.

Found these 3 new dresses, they are all really affordable prices. Which one do you like best? I will show them to Madeline and see what she thinks.

- 7 -
I know Mickie will appreciate this quick take. Who would have ever thought one of my favorite inspirational songs (I really do like the lyrics) would be from a 16 year old (or how ever old he is now). So my 8 year old daughter and I love to sing this song in the car on the way to school each morning. She loves the song and the movie it is in.


Have a great weekend y'all!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Love the first and second dress. Second is the favorite though :)