Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Celine Dion - Ave Maria



The Angelic Salutation, Hail Mary, or Ave Maria (Latin) is a traditional biblical catholic prayer asking for the intercession of the Virgin Mary, the mother of Jesus. You may have been hearing this song on the Christmas Holiday radio stations. It's one of my favorite songs, I especially love Celine's version.

I've noticed many non-Catholics don't talk about Mary much. She usually only comes up around Christmas time when we are reminded she gave birth to our Savior. But I must say for me, she is the ultimate roll model of what it means to be a Christian - because she said "Yes" to God, without hesitation.

Mary full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
for thou hast borne Christ the Saviour,
the Deliverer of our souls.

Madeline had many questions about Jesus' birth and His death last night. We also talked about Heaven and Hell. I think today we will watch the Nativity Story. At our parish Madeline has signed up to be an Angel (1st choice) or in the Choir (2nd choice) for our Christmas Nativity pageant for Christmas Eve.

1 comment:

Mickie and Matt said...

Thats awesome that Madeline wants to be in the Christmas Pageant! Make sure to take pictures, she would be a beautiful little angel!

I have been working on showing Ty our nativity and explaining each person involved... he just wants to play with the bell that is on the stable. Maybe next year haha.

I love Ave Maria too. I like the Josh Groban version too if you haven't heard that one it's amazing.