Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Encouraging


Everyone needs a bit of encouragement from time to time. Well my time has come over the past few weeks. So I've been meditating on some Scripture and inspirational quotes.


“These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”
John 16:33


"Keep the joy of loving God in your heart and share this joy with all you meet especially your family.
Be holy – let us pray."


"People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered.  
Forgive them anyway."


For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control.
2 Tim 1:7


I've been dealing with some problems with persons at work. And it did get me down. But I dealt with the problems in the most mature, respectful and professional way I knew how. And then it was as if God poured down encouragement, inspiration and blessings upon me. They came from several different people in different ways.



My boss took me out to lunch and I was able to express my concerns and openly talk with him. Afterwards I received words of encouragement from him when he emailed me:
"Thanks for the time at lunch today.  I appreciate your candor and am happy that you confirmed what I had expected that you are commited to a long term career here at..."


Then in the past few days I received 2 private messages on Facebook from persons complimenting me - for me when I receive a compliment it brings humility and thankfulness to God's graces. It brings inspiration for me to strive harder and do better. Compliments to me are blessings that bring me closer to God. The first was from a new mommy friend, some of what she said:
"I was just looking at your pictures of Madeline and James and wanted to tell you how awesome of a mom you are. (And you seem like a pretty great wife too, btw) You can just tell they are loved and praised and being brought up right. It's really lovely to see. Just wanted to tell you that. I hope to be half as good a mom as you are. Your love for them and your husband and the Lord is so apparent It's inspiring :) "


The second was from a stranger who had a mutual friend, she said:
"I wanted to tell you, you inspired me (I took a peak at your website) by your quilt/blankets creations. I made my daughter a quilt."


Lastly my neighbor friend emailed me today offering to watch James if it worked out better for Stephen to work some earlier shifts, she offered to do it no charge or anything - just wanted to be a blessing to our family. I am so thankful to all 4 of these persons who brought encouragement, inspiration and blessings during my low time, may the peace of our Lord be with them always. Definitely counting my blessings today.

No comments: