Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday...Foto...Faith

I'm going to attempt to do a weekly blog post on Fridays called, "Friday...Foto...Faith". Two places in my life I gain inspiration from are from Art (including paintings, photography, sculpture and architecture) and from my Faith. So each Friday I will post a "Foto" from a location I've traveled to or want to travel to, or of something that inspires me. And then along with the "Foto" I will post something about everyday life and how I am inspired to deal with it according to my "Faith". I hope my avid blog readers will enjoy the weekly posts!


A cold winter day in the Netherlands on a canal. I love the old architecture and the bicycles that adorn this canal. Holland is one of my favorite places to visit.

Have you ever given someone the cold shoulder or has someone given it to you? Why do people do this? One of the obvious reasons a person ignores someone is to show disapproval, displeasure, or anger. It is also used as a weapon to get even. A relationship will suffer when you pretend that it is not happening. This is especially true if it is your normal way of communicating your needs and emotions. I thought this "Foto" went well with my "Faith" topic as the swans appear to be ignoring each other on this cold day.

Communicate. Talk. Understand each other.

Stephen knows I'm a big advocate of communicating. I feel it's a means of understanding someone or something. People see things differently. Nobody knows what's going on in your head. You have to remember that people, even those closest to you and have known you for a long time, can't read your mind. So you shouldn't assume that he/she knows what you are upset about. So communicate. Talk about feelings. Build the trust and respect.

Now may the God Who gives the power of patient endurance (steadfastness) and Who supplies encouragement, grant you to live in such mutual harmony and such full sympathy with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus. Romans 15: 5

No comments: