Friday, January 15, 2010

Update on Jimmy-James


I thought this was a cute photo of James. Stephen's bro Mike took it back in December when he was visiting. Both Stephen and I had to work so we needed Mike to babysit James while Madeline was at school. Mike and James walked to our neighborhood park (we usually drive, our neighborhood is big and it's way on the other side). Mike bundled James up and they played there for a few hours! Can you tell James was having a ball with Uncle Mike?
Well on Wednesday of this week Stephen called me at work in the morning and said James had thrown up. Not what I wanted to hear. He was still full of mucous and waking up with his eyes matted shut. So I called his pediatrician again. She did not want to treat with another antibiotic considering what happened to him last week...so she had me get over the counter Allergy & Mucous Relief along with Saline Nose Spray. She also called in prescriptions for eye drops and nasal steroid spray. So I started giving all of this to him Wednesday night. Yesterday it appeared like it was helping. James also took a 4 hour nap yesterday afternoon and he woke up with no mucous and feeling so happy! :) Last night was the first night in over 2 weeks that he slept through the entire night without waking up! Ya hoo - I think he's finally getting better!

2 comments:

andria said...

Oh Melissa, that is such good news! I hope that James just gets better from here on out! Have a good weekend!

Mickie and Matt said...

Halleljah. Just what we like to hear, your little guy is feeling better. Yay for James and YAY for you and Stephen to get more restful sleep :)