Thursday, December 10, 2009
Hopefully most have received our Christmas letter and photo. Above is our family photo we sent out. I thought it would be fun to share my Christmas survey answers in this blog post.
1. What do you want most for Christmas?
Peace for all my loved ones.
2. Do you believe in Father Christmas?
I believe there was a historical Saint Nicholas (Nicholas of Myra) which became the model for Sinterklaas (which became the model for modern day Santa Claus).
3. What is your favorite food at Christmas?
Kerstkrans! It's a Dutch puff pastry, almond paste filled, Christmas ring/wreath shaped. Wish I could eat one this Christmas!
4. Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?
I've done a little.
5. Have you finished your Christmas shopping yet?
Nope still need to pick up a few things.
6. What is your favorite Christmas song?
I have a few but probably "O Holy Night".
7. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
I still like "A Christmas Story" and I also like "Polar Express".
8. What is your best memory of Christmas?
As a child receiving this talking Mickey Mouse telephone...as an adult the birth of our daughter Madeline only 24 hours and 4 minutes before Christmas.
9. What do you look forward to most at Christmas?
Hearing how all of our family and friends are doing and seeing the excitement and joy in my children with all the festivities the season brings.
10. What are you doing for Christmas this year?
Having a quiet time at home. Stephen works Christmas day but we'll probably try and take the kids to see the new Chipmunk movie that is coming out.
11. Who do you want to kiss under the mistletoe?
Well Stephen of course!
12. What kind of Christmas tree do you have?
A 6-7' Noble Fir.
13. Do you take part in a secret Santa?
We have in past years but it seems our families are not participating this year.
14. Do you go to any Christmas parties?
Sure if we're invited.
15. Have you ever had a white Christmas?
Yes, when we lived in Oregon.
16. How early do you wake up on Christmas morning?
Not too early, probably around 8am or so.
17. Do you still get a stocking?
Yes, the kids have their big stockings with their names stitched on them from Pottery Barn kids, and Stephen and I have Hawaiian ones from Hilo Hatties. I love to fill the stockings.
18. How many Christmas cards do you normally send out?
This year I believe I sent out 95...it's usually around 100.
19. What is your Christmas wish?
That all are open to receiving God's amazing Grace.
20. Egg nog or hot cider?
I LOVE egg nog. James had it for the first time the other week and loved it too!
21. Angel or star?
We put this beautiful glass cross on top of our tree.
22. Decorating the tree or putting lights on the outside?
Both! Although due to weather and time constraints we still have not gotten our lights up on the house.
23. Warm cozy fires or sleigh rides?
Love fires. But one time had an awesome sleigh ride in Lake Tahoe.
24. Caroling or Christmas stories?
Christmas stories - I sing waaaayyyy off tune!
25. Red or Green?
Red is one of my favorite colors!