First some pics of the kids this week...
Our jewelry girl!
Eating her favorite snack...apples!
James running while pushing his walker!
Standing and wearing his cool outfit from Uncle Mark and Aunt Laura.
I got this survey from Mickie's blog...
Welcome to the 2007 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends and Family!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate any other time of the year, but I love eggnog!!!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Even though Jesus is the reason for the season, we are keeping the old tradition of old St. Nick...he leaves 1 wrapped gift under the tree for the kids.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Either
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I used too, don't know what happened to that decoration.
5. When do you put up your decorations? Thanksgiving Day, well some. Stephen hangs the lights on the house, the rest of the decor is usually up by the 2nd week of December.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Kerst Krant! It's a Dutch pastry, a flaky log-shapped cake filled with almond flavor paste!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Decorating the house, my favorites were are old Nativity scene Manger and the Christmas wreath I made at school out of plastic baggies.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My parents weren't big into Santa, but they did write his names on our gifts. I think I started realizing it was the same hand writing as my mom's when I was 6 or 7.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Well we usually celebrate the Eve of Christmas with Stephen's side of the family. We do a secret Santa gift with the adults and let all the kids open theirs.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Lights, Ornaments, and tree skirt.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it for about 2 hours.
12. Can you ice skate?? Sure
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My pea coat Stephen got me about from Nordstrom's 10 years ago. Still wear it.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with family and friends and celebrating Christ's birth.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Chocolate? Cream filled puffs!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Driving around and looking at Christmas lights.
17. What tops your tree? A stainless glass cross.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving, especially to the kids.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Silent Night, it's playing on my profile!
20. Candy Canes? Love em, especially the pina colada flavor ones!
21. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized? It is, but I love this holiday no matter what!
Stephen has the next 2 days off, we thought we might get our tree but we have more important business, to switch Madeline's room with the Guest/Den room. This way my office area for working at home will be more sound proof from the nursery. And we've got Time Warner coming on Friday to install our cable TV, high speed ISP and phone line.