Tuesday, June 5, 2007

First Blog entry, thunderstorm and summer days!

So a few family and friends of mine have blogs. I love to check in on them often to see how they are doing and what's new with them. It's like being able to read their diary - gets addicting! Though I have faithfully kept up Madeline and James' baby online webpages, I thought starting a blog would be a good idea so (1) I don't have to mass email everyone every time I want to share new pics, especially since hotmail sends it off funky every now and then and (2) it's fun! So please check out the links to the right of all the blogs and webpages I love to visit, and be sure to book mark THIS BLOG and check back often - and leave comments too so I know at least someone is reading it! LOL

We've been getting lots of visitors here in Texas. Funny since we moved to a city with absolutely no family and friends! But we love having the company! Over Memorial weekend my cousins Whitney, Pamela and Ariel flew out from Houston. We had so much fun with them!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And this past week, the Bradshaw's were visiting from AZ and in town for the 2007 USA Open Volleyball tournament. It was great to see them too and meet all their lil ones! Here are some photos of the cousins...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So last night we had a crazy thunderstorm! We've learned Texas has extreme weather, LOL. The lights started flickering and then our power went out around 10pm. Madeline of course got scared. We lit some candles and watched the lightning light up the sky! The kids and I fell asleep while Stephen waited up hoping he could still catch the end of his BOSOX/Yankees game. Unfortunately he didn't and fell asleep on the couch and was awoken at 3am to all the lights and TV turning back on! When we woke up this morning, 1 small section of our fence fell down, the post came out of the ground! Maddy's picnic table was in the neighbor's front yard...my potted hibiscus tree flew into the other neighbors yard...BUT worst of all to power outage blew my power supply unit on my computer!!! I frantically called my Dad at 7:45am their time to figure out what to do. After some trouble shooting he advised me to replace the unit. The Geek Squad at Best Buy charges over $130 to fix it, but my parents assured me they had faith I could replace it my self. Looking into the computer...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
"You want me to do WHAT!!!". I did panic, broke a nail disconnecting 1 set of wires...but by the end of the day - I fixed our computer!!! (Yay Me!) And thankfully nothing was lost. But this did scare me enough to sit down and start burning my files on back up CD's - especially my gazillion photos!

So since Stephen had today off, after fixing everything around the house we decided to take the kids to the pool. They love the water. Madeline is becoming a little more confident each time she gets in the water. But she's definitely like me and hates getting water in her eyes.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Don't you just love James' love handles in the above pic!?
And could this boy not model for Gerber...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Okay, well it is almost 1am...so I guess I better end my first post on this blog. Thanks for checking it out, and hope you come and check back often!!!

5 comments:

Mickie and Matt said...

Yay! I am so happy you started a blog! Lets get everyone starting blogs on the Spence side so we'll know what the honk is going on with everyone! You know me, i'll be checking back often to hear your stories of Texas!

Edward Nix said...

Hey that looks great! It makes sense to do this, considering all the pictures you share with us via e-mail. It is a lot more efficient to just go to your blog and look at all the new pictures and find out what's new with you guys. I had to sign up with Googles just so I can send you this comment and might just start my own blog!

Love Ya,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa,
Love your blog idea. It looks great. Speaking of looks....James is adorable! He looks like quite the charmer. The next time your power goes out due to weather you need to turn everything off and make sure you unplug your TV, microwave and other small appliances. This prevents power surges. Of course I'm sure you have an appropriate strip for your computer. It sounds like you are have fun in TX. Take care. Mj in OR

andria said...

Hi Melissa,

I love your blog, makes me want to start one of my own! I will be checking back often to what's up with you guys!

-Andria G.

Kelly Spence said...

So glad you are doing a blog! Now I can tell YOU how cute YOUR kids are. :)